Spruce up your home for the holidays with these eight simple tips!
It’s time to prep your home for the holiday festivities. With most already spending 2 to 2.5 hours per day on household activities according to a recent Bureau of Labor Statistics study, there’s not a lot of time to spare.
Zircon’s cleaning, décor, and storage tips can add sparkle to your home quickly and easily.
1. Inviting first impressions. You know what they say, first impressions are usually the last! Starting with the entryway, scrub thoroughly underneath the welcome mat where dirt and debris collect. Invest in a holiday themed mat that beckons guests to your doorstep. Clean windows by using a spray bottle filled with water and vinegar. Rub the mixture on the windows with a reusable microfiber cloth.
2. Shine through. Home is where the heart is and the kitchen is its soul. Clean your stovetop, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, and microwave. Eliminate handprints, stains, and smudges by wiping your appliances with vinegar and water. Focus on other exterior surfaces, such as cabinets, mirrors, and sinks, too. With 30 minutes time, you’re able to fully clean out your refrigerator by first clearing out the contents, cleaning the inside of the refrigerator by using soap and water to concentrate on the most soiled areas, allowing time for the inside to dry out, and then placing all items neatly back into the refrigerator. (Now would be a good time to purge any expired items and restock as needed.)
3. Kits to tote around. A handy cleaning tote and a holiday tool kit are a holiday organizer’s dream. Pack your cleaning tote with necessary cleaning supplies. Fill a shoe box or regular toolbox with holiday tool essentials. This customized holiday tool kit can store holiday tool items, such as tape, scissors, ribbon, wire cutters, ornament hooks, gift tags, twist ties, light bulbs and more. With the supplies stored in one place, you’ll spend less energy searching for what you need.
4. Small décor magnified. From adding twinkling lights to an already existing floor length mirror to the traditional door wreath, little embellishments to your home can quickly enhance the spirit of the season – without the big hit to your wallet. more. With the supplies stored in one place, you’ll spend less energy searching for what you need.
5. Baking soda wonders. With a little bit of effort and time, your house can have renewed splendor. Pets, spills, and normal wear and tear can affect the smell of your sofa and other furniture. Most furniture doesn’t require the big expense of a deep cleaning, but rather vacuum the sofa and then follow-up with sprinkling baking soda on the affected areas and leaving it on for a minimum of 15 minutes and overnight if needed. Then, vacuum for a second time to remove the baking soda residue.
6. Hidden space treasures. With the influx of guests, you might be hard pressed to find the space for the holiday meal. Floor cushions, stacked stools, and folding chairs provide additional seating options and can be easily stored when not in use. A coffee table alternative that serves as cushions and placing additional seating in the foyer or in an additional room can also give you more seating.
7. Lemon zest. Lemon is a quick cure all to freshen up the home. Sanitize your garbage disposal by cutting a lemon in half and adding it while the water is on and the garbage disposal is running. Place one half at a time to the disposal. Within a few seconds, your drain will be deodorized and clean.
8. It’s a wrap. Gift storage can be a challenge – from stacking awkwardly shaped gift wrap paper rolls to storing fragile ornaments. Get organized in style with this over-the-door gift wrap storage organizer. Place your gift wrapping adornments into this tidy organizer. A storage bin with dividers makes for a sturdy storage organizer for your small ornaments. Also, consider storing gift decorations and ornaments away from humidity and where temperatures may fluctuate; therefore, avoid a basement or attic and a better option would be a closet or under a bed.
Safety first. When hanging any heavy or bulky items, holiday inspired or not, use a high-quality stud finder, to securely mount it into a wall stud or ceiling joist.
Have some cleaning, storage, and décor tips? Share your ideas and photos with us on Facebook. Tweet home décor and DIY ideas using #decortrends or @zircontools. For more décor ideas, visit www.zircon.com or read more blogs here.
The above content is reblogged from Zircon’s Marketing ToolBox. Circle Dot Marketing creates engaging content for our clients. To learn more about ways we can build your brand, please contact ustoday or visit @circledotmktg.